Pages

Subscribe

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Warning: Bare Face Ahead

Step 1 (Left): So this is what I look like without a stitch of makeup on. except I do have moisturizer applied.  As you can see, I have VERY pigmented eyelids that look like I have brown eyeshadow, and dark circles under my eyes...courtesy of my insomnia. People often ask why I wear foundation if I have good skin and I tell them that they're only saying that because they haven't seen me without foundation. My skin is splotchy and I do have acne scars around my chin.
Step 2 (Right): Added Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Protector (Concealer + Highlighter) in Light on eyelids and under eyes, only using the concealer side. Bye, bye brown shadows! Dabbed some concealer on my acne scars as well.
Step 3 (Left): MAC Studio Fix Fluid (NW25) using a Sonia Kushuk foundation brush. After seeing this picture, I have a feeling that I didn't put very much foundation on knowing that I was going to be applying the powder foundation right after.
Step 4 (Right): First time using the MAC Studio Fix Powder + Foundation (NW25) today, and wow what a difference! I applied it over the fluid foundation.  The powder foundation really did cover up all of my imperfections and took away the shininess from the shimmer in the fluid foundation. I thought the fluid alone looked good until I saw how Step 3's photo dulled in comparison to Step 4's photo.

Step 5 (Left):
Cheeks - NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Berry New Yorker & Plaza Pink (blended). Very bright until you blend it. Only use when I want natural cheeks.
Lips - Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in Twilight. Product is drying out so doesn't look like when I first bought it. Looks pink instead of berry now.
Eyes - Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Pop Collection for Hazel Eyes (Trio #2: Playful).  Applied wet, and used as shadow & liner. I haven't been able to get good coverage if I use this product dry.
Mascara - Maybelline The Falsies. Oh, look, I have eyelashes now!


OVERALL: The MAC products combined together were A+ in my book.  The Physician's Formula Pop Collection looks super bright in the box, but it blends together nicely.  I was looking for a very muted look today, with just a little bit of color.

1 comments:

Emme Fatale said...

Wow how gorgeous, your skin looks flawless! I have been contemplating about buying the studio fix fluid but now you have me convinced to buy both the foundation & the powder. Thank-you(^-^)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails